Thursday, June 23, 2011

Two location-based things I'd like from my smartphone

  1. Location aware mute; I'd love to have a silent setting that unset itself when you moved more that (say) 50m from your current location. I have often put my iPhone into silent mode for a meeting and then noticed later in the day that I've missed several call because I forgot to take it out of that mode. Also - time-based silent-mode. I'd like my 'phone to auto-silence every Sunday 10:30 - 12:30 'cause I'm in church (for example).
  2. Location aware alarm; I've often missed a train stop because I've fallen asleep listening to a podcast or music. Why can't I set an alarm that rings in my earbuds when I get within five miles (say) of a location? Also - the ability to announce the time every ten minutes in the earbuds would be great.

No comments: