Monday, November 13, 2006

Telephone Preference Service

Under Government legislation introduced on 1st May 1999 and replaced on 11th December 2003 by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, it is unlawful to make unsolicited direct marketing calls to individuals who have indicated that they do not want to receive such calls.

Before we registered with this lot we used to get two or three unsolicited calls every evening - kinda inconvenient when you're reading with the kids or trying to eat your tea - my thoughts are that you should have to opt-in to unsolicited 'phone calls - why should I have to tell someone I don't want to be continually disturbed? My family time is way more important than someone trying to con me into buying second-rate double-glazing.

No comments: