Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Eyeheight legalisers & RS422 multi-drop

Eyeheight do a great range of products and like Crystal Vision, Quartz, and MyrrayPro they are a small British company who respond to the market quickly. If you have a problem you can probably talk to the guy who designed the circuit!
Anyhow - I was testing a couple of rooms yesterday with OL-2C video legaliser/cages. The control panel and card were in the same chasis in both cases and neither card would accept commands. When I swapped them over one card worked in one chasis but not the other. Clearly something was on the hairy edge and in the end (and I figured this - not Eyeheight tech support!) I discovered the I-CANN bus (the multi-drop RS422 control bus) wasn't terminated on the card - even over that few inches of ribbon cable it made the difference - a jumper on J5 (there is a typo in the manual - it isn't J6) made both cards come good in both boxes.

No comments: