Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Quality of engineers comming out of India - I blogged a while back on how Bill Gates was complaining about the quality of US engineering graduates. I recently advertised for an engineer and had about two dozen responses. Half where from the sub-continent and to a man (only one woman!) they had really good engineering degrees and very impressive work records. All of the UK applicants (bar two, one of which I employed) had very modest CVs. We have to worry - we're turning out shed-loads of media studies graduates and not many engineers. Now I have nothing against media students, but what makes them think they can transfer into engineering just like that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well in that case I expect my earnings to start rising instead of remaining unchanged for years whilst expenses increase. Broadcasters! Pah!